Five Things Friday #127

Happy Friday friends!

Well, tomorrow marks the last day of my fitness challenge and I honestly didn’t even realize it until this week. The main thing that changed for me was to be a little more cognizant of my eating, but after getting into a groove it didn’t really feel like it was much outside my normal. I plan to write a recap of what I learned, but my plan is to basically continue what I’m doing minus the actual food tracking and plus a few more desserts. πŸ™‚

This weekend I have our final workout, celebratory brunch at True Food Kitchen, and spending some time at the Polar Plunge for a sponsored post on Monday. For real time and behind the scenes, follow along on Insta stories, but otherwise check back with me on Monday!

Here are some of my favorite things this week!

1. Eat Purely

Eat Purely is a Chicago-based food delivery service that I’ve been meaning to try forever. I was planning to do it in February, but with the challenge I didn’t want to stray too far from what I knew was in my food since I had to keep track of everything.

All the meals are fresh and delivered to you super fast. One thing I love is their app which is beautiful and makes me want to eat my phone screen. If you’re in Chicago, you can use the code ERINSINSIDEJOB to get $20 off your first meal (making it basically free). Full disclosure, I will also get a credit when you use it. But DO IT. It’s really good. If you don’t trust me, download the app and read the meal reviews.

2. Almond Pecan Butter

Neil always ate a spoonful of peanut butter at night until he decided he wanted to switch to my homemade almond butter. Why it took so long I have no idea — silly boy. Anyway, since he’s been inhaling it, I’ve had to make it a little more regularly and this week I only had about half the almonds left for a full recipe.

I happened to have a ton of pecans left over from the holidays and this recipe, so I decided to mix the two into a creation that is so good I might just eat it all before he can get to it. I’m just going to keep beating it into your heads that you MUST make nut butters at home — they’re so easy in the food processor and taste so much better than the ones in the store.

3. Larabar Fruit + Greens

I had the chance to try these last weekend at the IDEA PTI East and they are delicious. If you’ve had the ones by Kind Bar, these are a little thicker and also include nuts. I think I might like these ones better and I’m glad I grabbed a bunch of samples. πŸ™‚

4. Good Culture Cottage Cheese

Cottage cheese doesn’t get as much love as it should. It’s packed with protein and an awesome snack or breakfast choice (unless you can’t have dairy of course). I first had Good Culture last year at Blogfest and got some more last weekend at Whole Foods. This tiny container has 19 grams of protein and you can mix it with all sorts of things if you’re not a big fan of it on its own.

5. Amanda’s Cookbook

Amanda, the author of the blog Running With Spoons and the person I always link to for my Thursday posts, just released her first cookbook! I just received it in the mail this week and can’t wait to go through it. I love her photography and her recipes and I can’t wait to try some of them out.

I LOVE watching other bloggers grow into bigger opportunities like this and I couldn’t be more proud to tell everyone about it! I went and preordered it immediately and now that it’s released you should buy it too!! (affiliate link)

That’s all I’ve got for this week — let me know some of your favorite things this week in the comments!

OH — Next week I will be traveling to LA to visit with family and am headed to Expo West on Saturday. If you’re going to be there, let me know so we can connect!!

March 4, 2017 / 10:01 pm

DO IT. one day left in the weekend.

• March 4, 2017 / 1:24 am

Hey there Susie! I’m Julia & I’m the Director of Customer Experience and part of the founding team at Eat Purely. I’d love to hear more about what you didn’t like and what we could do to impress you in the future. If you have a second to tell me more, please email me at Julia@Eatpurely.com – As a startup, your feedback is invaluable to us and I would love an opportunity to make it up to you!

March 4, 2017 / 10:01 pm

Really?? I wanted to eat them all haha

1. March 3, 2017 / 7:50 am

WOOHOO! Nice job on finishing the challenge; I can’t wait to hear what your favorite parts about it were. And that’s awesome that you got Amanda’s cookbook; I see lots of muffins in your future? πŸ™‚ And that Good Culture Cottage Cheese sounds amazing.
    Emily recently posted…How One Runner Found Food Freedom In An Unusual Way (Podcast #9)My Profile

March 4, 2017 / 10:02 pm

You just reminded me I need to look through it!

2. March 3, 2017 / 9:15 am

What! They added greens to Larabars!! that is certainly new to me…! ALMOND + PECANS are my favorite nuts– wait cashews are up there too, but that sounds like a killer combo! SO jealous you and Ashley got to hang out in Chicago-she’s such a sweetheart!
    Carrie This Fit Chick recently posted…Back to blogging!My Profile

March 4, 2017 / 10:02 pm

She is! And you need to find them. They’re great!

3. March 3, 2017 / 9:20 am

Man, you’re such a good wife (I almost wrote girlfriend? haha). Adam will eat an apple with peanut butter at night, and goes nuts on the peanut butter. If he started getting into my almond butter (homemade, no less), I’d go CRAZY. (I’ve also been told on numerous occasions that i’m very bad at sharing).
    Beverley @ Born to Sweat recently posted…My Easy Go-To Chocolate Almond Smoothie BowlMy Profile

March 4, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Hahaha. Well if I couldn’t just make more it would be different. Like if I had to go buy it. Then it might be a different story

March 4, 2017 / 10:03 pm

DO IT. There’s one more day in the weekend!

March 4, 2017 / 10:03 pm

So
      Good!

4. Vanessa
    March 3, 2017 / 11:56 am

Hi, Erin.

Love your posts and the inspiration in them!

Quick question…What food processor do you use for your nut butters?

March 4, 2017 / 10:03 pm

I have a cuisinart 11 cup processor!

5. Tracy
    March 3, 2017 / 12:07 pm

Trying adding some walnuts to that mix next time. Really good! Another good combo is ABC butter… almond, brazil nut & cashew.

March 4, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Omg those both sound amazing!

6. March 3, 2017 / 1:46 pm

To be honest, those Larabar fruit + greens bars kind of freak me out haha! But I am super intrigued and want to try one. Which one is the best one to start off with ?
    Sara @ Oats & Rows recently posted…Currently: FebruaryMy Profile

March 4, 2017 / 10:04 pm

Really?? They’re good they don’t taste like greens. I liked the strawberry one even though I don’t even really like strawberries haha. They’re all good and fruity though!