Five Things Friday
Yay it’s Friday! I usually post about things I am loving on Friday, but today I am just going to ramble about five things. I’m sure they will be things I like anyway. Let’s see what comes out.
Before diving into that, thanks for the comments on yesterday’s post. I was feeling sappy yesterday and felt like a thank you was long overdue. Something that I have learned in the past few years is that people can’t read your mind. I have been guilty of assuming that and even expecting it sometimes, but the easiest thing to do is just to communicate with another person and then it’s all taken care of! No wondering or disappointment when someone didn’t meet your expectations you had of them in your head.
I still struggle with this sometimes, so whenever I have a nice thought about someone, I try and tell them immediately or else I will just think they know what I am thinking. This results in a lot of random statements about how I like your hair, your outfit, or you smell nice almost immediately after starting to talk to you. I’ll assume it’s an endearing trait of mine and you don’t view me as a creepy stalker (although I might be).
Ok, so on to five random things this rainy and humid Friday afternoon:
1. Someone at work brought in spicy dijon mustard yesterday and I forgot about my love affair with it. I have been too lazy lately to put anything on my salads and have just been eating giant piles of vegetables like a wild animal, but yesterday I decided to put some spicy mustard in the mix and it was heavenly. I am shoving more in my mouth right now. A note from experience: DO NOT make smoothies with mustard greens. They are beautifully bright green but as the name implies, they TASTE LIKE SPICY MUSTARD. Why did I not put those two things together?
2. I just realized that FitBloggin is in 2 weeks and I am SUPER excited. I have been playing around on the Bizzabo app that they are using to manage the event, agenda, etc and planning all the workshops and workouts I want to do like a crazy OCD person.
3. I don’t do a lot of things by myself with other women. It’s usually double dates or things like that. This weekend I have three solo outings planned with friends and I am pretty excited about that. MISS INDEPENDENT.
4. Not running for a month means that my legs are sore when I run again. It also means that I can set a new mile PR (8:27!), but that each mile after that will become longer as I try to trudge through the disgusting humidity.
5. I’m secretly excited that people want to buy my nut butters because I feel like I can take over the world. I wanted to use the term Napoleon complex, but that’s more about overcompensation. It’s true that I am quite short, but I think I was going for more of a meglomania type of behavior. Wait, neither of those are desirable. I’ll just say I’m excited because it’s something I like doing and I can’t wait to come up with other fun creations. I’m serious about turning my maple spiced pecans into butter guys. I’m going to do it.
Well that’s it for today. I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and weekend and you don’t get flooded like we are here in VA.
Question of the day: What are some random things that you are thinking about this Friday?