August Foodie Pen Pals Reveal
Happy Friday! I don’t know about anyone else, but I am definitely looking forward to the long weekend. A friend of ours is getting married, so in typical Indian fashion there will be more than one event to attend. Tonight we are going to the mehndi (henna), and the big day is tomorrow. Look forward to lots of sparkles coming your way next week!
Today is Foodie Pen Pal reveal day, so I want to share all of the amazing things that I got this month. Foodie Pen Pals is just like it sounds, which means once a month you are matched with a partner and exchange different kinds of foods. I have gotten some really cool things out of this and I like the connection I get to other people who share the same passion. To read more about it or to sign up, click here.
This month I was matched up with Lindsay who is the HOST of the entire program. I had the privilege of meeting her at FitBloggin this year and was really excited to get her package!
This package was jam packed and I loved it all!
- Justin’s hazelnut butter and maple almond butter: I love Justin’s nut butters (although in a shameless self promotion I will say that I often prefer my own over these). I like the snack sized packs because then I can take them with me and also not accidentally eat the entire jar.
- Love Grown Super Oats Chia: This is an awesome gluten free cereal that I had the other night. I used to eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast before I cut out gluten and didn’t want to buy gluten free oats all the time. This is a combination of chia, quinoa, amaranth, pumpkin seeds, and some kind of nut (don’t remember). I made it the same way I make oatmeal and put in a spoonful of sucanant and some pumpkin pie spice and it was glorious. Next time I’m breaking out the maple syrup. These dried plums that came in my package would also be a good option.
- Kind bars: I love Kind bars, but usually buy the ones coated in chocolate or maple syrup. Both of these had blueberry in them which I also love.
- Larabar Renola: I have been wanting to try this gluten free granola for awhile, but haven’t actually picked any up. I love that it came right to my door!
- Sunsweet dried plums: I was craving something sweet and fruity the other night and this hit the spot. They are great to toss into other foods/snacks or just to eat by themselves.
- Hint water: I am a fan of this brand of water. We got the sparkling kind not too long ago to take to a friend’s house and it it was a hit!
- Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Cranberries and Almonds: This is my favorite brand of chocolate and I have tried almost every flavor except this one! Great choice!!
- Immaculate GF Sugar Cookie Mix: I haven’t made these yet, but I am looking forward to it. I always like to see how GF mixes stack up to regular ones.
Thank you so much to Lindsay for such an awesome haul!! Please head over to The Lean Green Bean to check her out!
Question of the day: What are you doing this weekend?