Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I have never made brussels sprouts in my life, nor have I ever wanted to. Slowly they have been sneaking their way into my life one sprout at a time. I began eating them when I saw them as an option at Wegmans and didn’t hate them and then our friends made them when we all got together for dinner. They have been haunting me ever since and I finally succumbed to their power last night.
Neil and I made a really good dinner of roasted brussels spouts, brown rice, and salmon. The sprouts we had had at our friend’s house were cooked in a pan, so I thought I would mix it up and roast these in the oven. I love roasting things in the oven because you just throw them in there and that’s about it.
Check check check it out:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if using coconut oil, 350 degrees*)
- Rinse brussel sprouts and remove any loose or yellowed leaves
- Cut sprouts in half lengthwise. You can cut the stem, but if you cut too close the leaves will all fall apart. Not advised.
- Place sprout halves in a bowl and add about a tablespoon of olive oil and a good amount of sea salt and thoroughly coat the sprouts.**
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and cook for approx 30 min, flipping every 10 min or so to ensure they are evenly cooked.