Quick & Healthy Meals With Bumble Bee SuperFresh
There are two things you should know about me:
- I like to eat
- I am incredibly lazy when it comes to making meals
The meals I eat most regularly (minus the pizza binges on the weekend) consist of scrambled eggs, toast, and things from Trader Joe’s that I can just toss in a pan and heat up. On early mornings when I have to teach or train a client, my breakfast consists of a peanut butter and chocolate Pro Bar.
I love food, but I don’t love to spend time making it. When I learned about the SuperFresh line from Bumble Bee, I figured it was worth a shot to see how easily their line of frozen fish fit into my daily routine.
A little information from Bumble Bee about their premium line of frozen fish:
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home.
- All our seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. Our premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let our fish shine through!
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes amazing. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish. And our frozen protein has stayed that way from harvest to your oven unlike most of the “fresh” fish you find at the seafood counter. That means it is fresh tasting, and fresh smelling.
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® offers unparalleled quality. Our seafood is “fish forward” – we have nothing to hide under heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. Our recipes complement the amazing protein that we start with to bring out the best of the seafood.
I first tried their salmon with garlicky black pepper and extra virgin olive oil. According to the company, all I had to do was slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil into its own parchment (included) and let the oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch, it’s that easy – and delicious!
Very well, salmon, have you for lunch I shall.
This is how my morning went: I woke up, headed to the gym for a workout and got home around 9:15 am. I had a training client at 11 am, so I was under the gun with preparing lunch and showering before I ran out the door again. Since the salmon only takes 20 min to bake, I accepted the challenge.
There are two servings in each package. Each filet is wrapped in plastic and there are two parchment bags included.
Here is my salmon peeking out of its parchment.
The directions were very straightforward—pop those babies in a parchment, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 min. Once they went in the oven, I ran to the shower and got out with about 5 min to spare.
The parchment paper contained most of the olive oil and there wasn’t a mess to clean off the baking sheet. A quick meal and no clean up? Done.
I mentioned earlier that I don’t like to make entire meals, so at some point during the week or weekend, I usually make a surplus of brown rice or quinoa to have on hand and well as making sure there is at least one kind of vegetable in the house. That way I am able to throw in a protein and have a complete meal ready in no time. I also always have greens on hand from the gigantic smoothies Neil and I drink on a regular basis.
I simply heated up some rice and corn and threw some spinach in there for good measure. I finished lunch and cleaned up with about 30 min to spare before I even had to leave. BAM.
This salmon was DELICIOUS. For real. It was cooked perfectly and tasted just like when Neil and I grab a fresh one at the store. My only complaint was that the serving size was a little smaller than I would normally eat, but with enough sides it makes for a perfectly filling lunch or dinner.
Some other ideas of quick and easy ways to use SuperFresh varieties:
- chop up salmon to use in a salmon salad
- fish tacos
- salmon with garden pesto + pasta + marinara (PESTOOOOOOOO)
There are five varieties of Bumble Bee SuperFresh (as seen below) and I have a couple more in my freezer to have for a quick lunch or dinner.
Make sure to visit the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® website for a coupon so you can try these delicous SuperFresh® products for yourself.
- What’s your experience with frozen fish?
- Which flavor would you try?
- What kind of lazy, healthy meals do you make so I can be lazy and steal your ideas?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.