Fruit & Veggie Smoothie Bowl
This post is sponsored by Vital Proteins. Thanks for your continued support 🙂
Don’t be scared by the name of this post.
Although there’s actually more vegetables than fruit in this bowl, you’d never know it based on how delicious it is.
Since I know I don’t eat enough greens on a daily basis, I usually try to do it in one fell swoop in my smoothies. I use a ridiculous amount of greens, toss in a zucchini (among other things), and use blueberries as my fruit of choice, which basically leaves the whole thing looking some weird black/brown/swamp color. #photooftheyear
I chose fruits and vegetables that were in the same color family and especially vegetables that had a mild taste since I wanted the fruit to come through: yellow squash, carrots, and mango.
Yes, this smoothie bowl contains an entire squash and several carrots and you would have no idea when eating it. MASTER OF DISGUISE.
I’ve mentioned other products from Vital Proteins that I love in previous posts (here and here), and this one is no different. While the other products I have shared with you have been exclusively collagen, the Beauty Greens is actually a flavored mixture of:
- marine collagen
- organic raw greens
- hyaluronic acid
This option is also flavored as opposed to the marine and collagen peptides, which are unflavored. It is combined with coconut water and vanilla beans to add a hint of flavor that goes really well with these ingredients. The flavor is pretty mild and I also had this bowl without the Beauty Greens and it was still delicious. 🙂
The collagen was combined with other ingredients in these Beauty Greens to predominantly help improve the quality of your skin — smoothness, tone, moisture, elasticity, etc.
It’s been about three months now that I’ve been consistently using products from Vital Proteins and I really like each and every one that I’ve tried. They’re extremely versatile and a great addition to my daily routine.
NOW MAKE THIS SMOOTHIE BOWL.
Fruit & Veggie Smoothie Bowl
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 yellow squash
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Greens
- couple ice cubes
- about 1/2 cup water
- Cut squash, mango, and carrots into smaller pieces. This is just so that they blend easier.
- Add all ingredients to blender in this order: chia seeds and Beauty Greens, fruits/veggies, water, ice.
- Blend on high until desired consistency is reached. You can add more water if you’d like a thinner smoothie bowl.
* I added the Collagen Beauty Greens (mixed with a bit of water) after making the bowl so that it would photograph well. Normally I would just add it all and chow down. It’s your decision how fancy you’re feeling.
** You can also use another fruit if you’re not a fan of mango. I would try peach, banana, or pineapple if you’re looking to mix it up.
- What’s your favorite type of smoothie?
- Have you tried Vital Proteins?
- How do you eat your veggies?